Saturday, November 04, 2006

Winds 200 at 8

I'm legal to fly by myself now when I'm ready. On Friday, I was issued my third class medical/student pilot certificate. So now when I finally am consistent on landings and when my instructor and I agree that I'm ready, I'll be able to kick her out and fly the plane by myself.

Finally, back in the air at last. Today was more pattern work as my instructor continues on the path of getting me ready to solo. I've got the takeoffs down pretty well. I need to work on staying on the runway centerline but that will come with practice. Landings are what I need to work on. I am not consistent on my landings, I flare to much or not enough. I don't pull back as much as needed. Just need to have more practice. Landings are a controlled crash as I was told today by my instructor. We flew 1.3 hours in N73455, and we completed a total of 13 landings, 2 of which were night landings and .3 hours was night flight. It was very cool to see the transition from day to twilight to dusk to dark. My instructor says that her favorite time to fly is at night and I can see why.

I did have some time scheduled last week but the winds were so fast that I erred on the side of caution and decided not to go up. It was pretty choppy I heard from those that did. So we spent time in ground school, talking about my homework and procedures for when the field goes IFR and I'm up in it. Pretty informative and gave me some ideas where I need to study. Long range forecast says a possibility of rain next week but I'm going to schedule some time anyways in the hopes that I can get up again and not grow rusty.

Total time is 12.5 hours, (12.2 day, 0.3 night) with 43 landings (41 day, 2 night).

No comments: