Friday, September 29, 2006

Winds ahhh.. Yeah..

I'm usually pretty good about remembering what the winds were.. I know they started out about 10 knots but towards the end, dropped down to at least 3. Oh well.. Well, due to my instructor taking a trip down to Kentucky (in the very same plane we flew in tonight), I grabbed her for an hour tonight. What did we do? We did pattern work. Today was all about landings. We did 5 touch -n-go's, 2 taxi-backs, and 1 full stop. I gave the controller a laugh tonight too. We were downwind on our way to our last landing and I called the tower and said "Pontiac Tower, Cessna 73455, inbound for termination." and the tower said "Inbound? " and I said back "We'll be terminating on this one, thanks. " "No problem, cleared to land, 27 right".. So many times, I just wasn't thinking. I mean, we were inbound to land, just already in the pattern. heheh.. Then we heard the funniest thing. A pilot was radioing the tower, telling him they were inbound to Pontiac, and the tower said to report when they were two miles southwest. So about 10 or 15 minutes later, the same guy radioed back, and after a couple of exchanges, the tower had enough and asked him to ident, which he did. It showed him heading SW and the tower gave him vectors to Pontiac. The guy evidently was heading towards Mettatol airport and told the tower so and the tower said "Frequency Change approved" and that was that. So where was I??

Oh yeah, . So I noticed that my taxiing is way, way better then it was. I'm doing quite well keeping on the centerline. Flight time tonight was 1.0 hours with 8 landings for a total of 10 hours and 19 landings. I'm finally into double digits, WOO HOO!!!

No comments: