Sunday, September 17, 2006

Winds 190 at 11 gusting to 18

As you can tell, today was a fun day for crosswind landings and takeoffs. I learned alot today. I shook off some cobwebs too. It was a nice day for flying, a little hazy and bumpy up until about 4000 ft which is where we did most of the work today. We reviewed everything I've done so far up to this point at Tradewinds and learned some new things. Today was Turns about a point and S-Turns across a road. My S-turns need alot of improvement but my third and fourth turn about a point (a barn with silos in a big field) were better then the first two. I definately felt a little out of place. Tradewinds has a newer fleet of 172's and they're fuel injected rather then carborated as I learned today about when and what carb heat is. Heather said I did pretty good overall considering how long it was since the last time I flew. Today also filled up the first page in my logbook. Today was 1.3 in the plane, for a total of 7.9 with 8 landings.

No comments: