Monday, August 21, 2006

KPTK Open House

The Oakland County International Airport Open House was held on August 13 and I took some pictures of the planes there with my phone. They came out pretty good. Most of them. I'll put them up later. The biggest thrill for me was seeing an A-10 tank killer fly right over my head and also fly right by me about 20 feet above Runway 27, which was 100 feet away. Talk about loud!

In learning to fly news, I've made an appointment with my new school to get paperwork done and to take a lesson with my new instructor who came recomemded to me by her own mother who also is a pilot. I'm looking forward to getting up in the air again and anxious about starting back up.

I've also played the new Microsoft Flight Simulator X demo that hit the web recently and all I can say is WOW! I'm definately going to be working in upgrades to my desktop computer. Really nice though. You can find a writeup about it at www.gamespot.com. TTFN.

No comments: